It’s a free wordpress theme from DSB, this one’s called “SEO Blog” quite simply. Here’s how it looks. The theme is tested on the following browsers. IE 7, Opera 9.6, Chrome 0.3.154.9, Fire Fox 3.03 and works fine.
- Three column search engine friendly template.
- Widgetized, footer (three column)
- Widgetized sidebar (two column)
There is a Top Sidebar area, which covers the entire sidebar, below “which the sidebar is split into two “Left and Right sidebar” all the three completly widgetized.
- Header carries a Twitter update box, which updates your latest tweet and links to your twitter homepage. (Hope you live that birdie graphic there)
- AJAX comments with easy commenting without page refresh.
- Nested/Threaded comments with AJAX support, so now you can disagree more.
- A cute/ configurable email subscription form for feedburner, that’s editable.
- Search Engine Optimized content. If you follow the SEO guidelines, I have, whatever content you put in will be in the best possible onsite optimized form for the spiders to absorb, so you can pretty much leave the SEO option completely.
- Header graphic is customizable (Logo PSD file included, I know that you like to tinker with it and come up with your own.)
- Highlight on categories and pages. (If you consider optimizing the categories, this is probably the best option.)
- Gravatar support in comments
- Featured / Latest article support
There are no issues so as to break the theme however, based on user specifications and your blog settings, there might be changes observed, like for instance the category display length. IF the number of categories is extensively high, they will break to line two, making the category navigation bar thicker (black box below the header) in height.
Well, the theme aims to provide -
- A search engine friendly content that’s on autopilot.
- Focus on your twitter activities
- Enable easy discussion on the comments developing a community
- Easy drag and drop integration of widgets anywhere on the footer and sidebar.
- Download the zip file, unzip it to your themes directory, and activate form dashboard.
- Goto header.php and replace “$username” with yours to set the latest tweets display on the header.
- In the zip file, all the plugins needed to run this theme is included in a separate “Plugins” directory. Upload them to the plugins directory and activate them.
- To let widgets appear on the siderbar/footer, go to Dashboard>Design>Widgets and select the appropriate widget space and drop the ones you want to appear.
- There are seven widget zones.
Top – Appears just below the email subscription box.
Sidebar left – Appear on the left side of the sidebar.
Sidebar right – Appear on the right side of the sidebar.
Sidebar bottom – Appears beneath sidebar left and right covering the entire sidebar awidth.
Footer left – Footer center and Footer right – The three boxes in the footer appropriately.
(Hope you dont run out of widgets to place in these areas.)
- Go to sidebar.php and replace the HTML code(marked “sidebar-subbox” on line 3) for your RSS feeds email subscription option. Just replace all the code starting from <form> to </form> inside the div “sidebar-subbox”.